What We Do
remedial massage in myaree
What We Do
1. Initial Consultation – “THE CHAT”
At Adaptive Massage, the Initial Consultation/The Chat is of paramount importance. The development of a positive bond and connection between practitioner and client is critical.
Adaptive Massage is a forward-thinking clinic, which has built a culture that embraces working together in partnership and building positive life-long relationships, which sets the foundation for development of a journey towards healing.
Your practitioner will LISTEN to you. Find out your perspective, your goals, your previous journey, and will not make judgements and assumptions. Your initial consultation is a blank canvas, where we get an understanding of your previous journey and develop/tailor a new journey within our systems that is applicable to where you see yourself going.
As practitioners, we are adaptable and flexible when it comes to developing your journey. Together, your journey will be completed.
Your initial session will involve;
- Subjective Assessment | A discussion about the forms you completed prior to your appointment. Getting to understand you, your lifestyle, and what is going on for you right now. You may know, without knowing, what is causing your symptoms or at least be able to point us in the direction of underlying issues.
- Goal Setting | Understanding what you want to achieve out of our sessions and beyond in your physical life.
- Objective Assessment | A physical examination of your whole body. We will be looking at your shoulders, neck, and upper back specifically, but we will also look at your hips and pelvis for contributing factors.
- Treatment | After a full assessment your remedial massage/myotherapy treatment may consist of a blend of the following techniques;
o Adaptive Soft Tissue Release & Reset
o Deep tissue massage
o Dry needling or cupping to release tight trigger points
o Breathing & relaxation techniques
o Personalized exercise & treatment program